Wednesday, November 10, 2010







This is one of the most emotional shoots I've ever done since I had an opportunity to photograph a Schindler home. I woke up in downtown San Diego and it was pouring. San Diego and rain?! Come on. The editor calls me and asks me what do I want to do? I said I would call the owner and head over. When I show up there's people working and blue tarps everywhere. As I headed upstairs to start shooting the rain slows down to a drizzle. If you shoot at slow enough shutter speeds you can make rain disappear. After I'm done I tell the owner that I want to come back and do a dusk shot. As I'm leaving it starts pouring again. When I arrive about 5pm I witness one of the most incredible sunsets I've ever seen . The shot above was done right after sunset (notice the wet cement). I stopped by the next morning to shoot exteriors and it was like being in Hawaii. Beautiful. As I was driving home I almost started to cry because I couldn't believe how everything just worked out perfectly like someone was watching over me the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment